Statement of Faith
The following statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Plumstead Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, and discipline, our school board is Plumstead Christian School’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application. From the Bible we have established the following Plumstead Christian School statement of faith:
We believe and teach…
- That the Bible is the inspired, infallible, inerrant, authoritative Word of God (II Tim 3:16).
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (I John 5:5-7).
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory (I Cor 15:3; I Peter 2:21-24; John 3:16).
- That for the salvation of lost and sinful men, faith in Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are absolutely essential (Rom 3:21-30, Gal 4:4-7).
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Gal 5:22-25).
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:24, 28, 29).
- The spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (John 17:21-23).
- The sanctity of human life – namely that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image and that human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Ps 139).