Christian College Fair
The PCS Christian College Fair is a gathering of college representatives who are looking for the right students for their institutions. They’re there to spread the word about their college to high school students — and they want to talk to you.
Representatives can tell you about everything from academics to campus life at their college, and they can also answer more general questions about college.
Before You Go
- Find out which colleges will be at the fair and write down the names of the ones you want to learn about.
- Make a list of any questions you have.
- Bring your list, a pen, and paper to take notes.
- Make sure the email address that you give out won’t embarrass you — remember, college admission officers will see it.
While You’re There
- Visit booths and ask college representatives questions. For example, you can ask, “What kind of student are you looking for?” or “What makes your campus special?”
- Take a minute to jot down any information you think is important before moving on to the next booth.
- Check out some of the other booths when you’re done with the colleges on your list. You may stumble onto a great college you hadn’t considered.
When You Get Home
- Ask yourself which colleges stood out and why.
- Organize the college material you collected and review it that week while it’s fresh in your mind.
- Go over any notes you took during the fair.
- Throw out the pamphlets of colleges you’ve ruled out so you can focus on the colleges you’re interested in.
Do more research on the colleges you’re thinking about. Explore websites, contact the admission office or plan a campus visit. If you liked what you saw at the fair, it may be time to see the college in person.