Library: General Information
Plumstead Christian High School Library
(Grades 6 through 12)
(215) 766-8073, ext. 221
HOURS – please note change effective 09/01/15
- 8 am to 1 pm to students
- 1 to 3 pm: may be available through Mr. Drake for permission
- all day with supervised class
- all items must be checked out with librarian or self-checkout
- Mrs. Lauri Komita – Monday & Tuesday
- Mrs. Rae Desko – Wednesday to Friday
- Students, teachers and parents must check out all items.
- Reference section is for in-library use only unless approved by the librarian.
- Fines for late returns are 10 cents per day after a one week grace period. Unpaid fines result in report card being held.
- Books may not be renewed or checked out until all obligations are resolved.
- If our library does not have an item, inter-library loans are available from other locations. At least one week notice is needed.
- All students using the library must have a teacher or staff member present.
- All students must sign in and out of the library.
- All students must have a pass if using the library during class or study hall.
- All students may use the library for research, reading, and studying. Group activities may be permitted with librarian permission.
- All rules in the Student Handbook apply within the library as well.
- No food or drink within the library without permission. Water bottles may be permitted on an as needed basis.
- Computers are for academic use only. Students must adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy.
- must adhere to Acceptable Use Policy
- cannot be removed from library
- should be turned into librarian if not working
- must be returned shut down and plugged in
- at the discretion of the librarian on duty.
- for school related purposes only.
- screen is not “hidden” from view.
- music allowed with headphones, if not a distraction and if allowed by librarian.
- cannot be used for gaming – except educational
- food and drinks are not allowed in the library except for pre-approved events (such as Reading Olympics or Bible Studies)
- food and drinks are NEVER allowed with computer use
- students are always responsible for cleanup, including vacuuming if necessary
- privileges are revoked for failure to follow through