We believe that Christian education should be in the reach of every family willing to make the commitment as a step of faith. We also recognize that any number of circumstances could financially hamper a family that wants to attend PCS. And we want to help through a number of unique financing programs and tuition assistance:
Alumni Scholarship: The Alumni Scholarship will be awarded to each NEW student whose parent is a graduate of PCS. The scholarship is a three-year scholarship in the amount of $1,000 per year.
Backyard Scholarship: This scholarship provides financial support and encouragement to deserving families who have demonstrated a commitment to the school and have a sincere desire to continue attending PCS.
Pastoral Discount: In an effort to enhance the valued partnership with our Bible-believing churches, PCS is offering Pastors the opportunity to receive a 50% tuition assistance discount off their families’ full tuition.
Missionary Discount: To recognize and support full-time missionaries who are PCS Association members, PCS is offering missionaries the opportunity to receive a 15% tuition assistance discount in addition to any other discount which the family qualifies for – including financial aid.
New Family Referral Credit
For every NEW family which ENROLLS a child at either campus for the current school year, the referring family of an enrolled student will receive a tuition assistance credit of $500. The referring family may choose to give that credit to the new family as a gift towards their tuition expense. Family Referral Program Form
Need-Based Tuition Assistance
Our Tuition Assistance Fund was established to assist qualifying families who have sacrificed to make Christian education a priority in their family. The fund is financed through contributions from interested individuals, school fund-raisers, the school’s general operating fund, and funding through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program. The Tuition Assistance Fund is applicable only to tuition costs and is not extended to other charges such as registration fees.
To apply for Tuition Assistance, please follow the steps outlined below. If you need additional information, please contact our Director of Operations, Mark W. Miquel, Sr. at 215-766-8073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the confidential FACTS Tuition Assistance Application
- Plumstead Christian School utilizes an independent service called FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. Based on the information submitted in the FACTS application, FACTS provides the school with an independent, confidential assessment of a family’s ability to pay for educational expenses.
- To complete the FACTS application online, visit the FACTS website at http://online.factsmgt.com/signin/4K1B2 and follow the online instructions.
- Send in any supporting documentation requested by FACTS by the date requested. No tuition assistance can be awarded without these documents.
- Please note that completion of the online application does not guarantee a tuition assistance award.
- The award is not final until PCS receives your 2015 Tax Return and verifies your return. The final deadline for receipt of 2015 Tax Returns is May 20, 2016, for all applicants. Applicants who do not submit their 2015 Tax Returns by this date may have their award revoked.
- Notification of Tuition Assistance Awards
- Plumstead Christian School will issue a tuition assistance decision based the information provided by the FACTS assessment, any noted special or unusual circumstances, and based the amount of tuition assistance funds available in that fiscal year.
- If all tuition assistance key dates have been met, applicants will be notified by March 1st of any potential tuition assistance award.
Other Helpful Links
- Tuition Assistance Introduction Letter
- Tuition Assistance Process and Deadline Dates
- Tuition Assistance FAQ
- Facts Grant & Aid Assessment FAQs
- Policies Relating to Tuition Assistance Payments
- Plumstead Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, or age in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial assistance programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Other financial assistance information
Each award applies only to the months in which a tuition payment is made. A payment made after the 10th of the month is subject to the normal late-fee policy. If a month goes by without a payment, that month will be charged at the regular tuition rate (i.e., the tuition award will not apply for that month). PCS reserves the right to suspend or terminate the financial assistance program at any time with written notification to those recipients who violate or misuse the privileges or policies of the program. The program may also be suspended or terminated at the end of any grading period in the event of a school financial emergency or the depletion of financial assistance funds. PCS admits students of any race, color, or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policy, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.