Why Choose PCS?
The power of Plumstead Christian School (PCS) lies in its commitment to educate students in an extraordinary Christ-centered community with proven academic excellence. This combination of quality and value is unique to PCS as students daily experience growth in faith, virtue, and knowledge.
Power of Faith
We are committed to growing your children spiritually through:
- Daily Bible classes in all K-12 classes cover the Old and New Testament narratives and life application in the early grades and, in the Upper School, more complex issues such as Church History, Apologetics, Exegesis, Worldviews, Theology, Wisdom Literature, Synoptic Gospels, Romans, Advanced Hermeneutics, and the study of other world religions.
- Weekly chapel services with student-led worship and in-house or guest speakers who focus on the school’s annual spiritual theme in their presentation.
- Christian concepts integrated into every academic discipline.
- Service opportunities within our global neighborhoods – culminating with a senior mission trip to Dominican Republic.
- Senior graduation project that spans two years and culminates with a 40-minute presentation to peers and faculty.
Power of Virtue
- Average student/teacher ratio of 15:1
- Over 80% of students participate in at least one sport
- Over 70% of students participate in fine arts
- Diverse Co-curricular offerings including: Drama, Band, Choir, Art, Improv, Technology, Robotics, Student Government, Reading Olympics
- A vibrant intramural program for our Lower School students during all three sports seasons including, soccer, basketball, flag football, baseball, and more.
- “One Month Clubs” in the Lower School provide enriching opportunities for our students that go way beyond the classroom.
- Rich and rewarding academic outlets for our students, Math Olympics, Science Fairs, Technology Competitions, Speech Meets, and Reading Olympics.
- Founders Forum – starting in the 2010-2011 academic year our school has invited Christian speakers to our campus who are nationally recognized to bring inspiration to our students and the surrounding community. Our Founders Forum speakers include: Governor Sarah Palin (2010-2011), President George W. Bush (2011-2012), Quarterback Tim Tebow (2012-2013), Dr. Ben Carson (2013-2014), Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman (2014-2015), and Eric Metaxas (2015-2016).
Power of Knowledge
Proven Academic Excellence
- Dual Accreditation: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Association of Christian Schools International
- SAT Scores exceed the national average.
- 8 Advanced Placement Courses Offered: 97% of our school’s AP exams received passing marks with 81% of these exams scored at a 3 or higher in 2016.
- All classes are taught as rigorous, college preparatory courses; beginning in the seventh grade there are also honors level classes in English classes.
- Over 98% of graduates attend accredited colleges and universities.
- We launched our new “Accreditation by School Project” this year in cooperation with our accrediting organization, The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). During this seven year study, PCS faculty will explore what it means to teach the 21st Century Learner. We intend to enhance our technology offerings, integrate technology into all disciplines, train our faculty in digital fluency, and develop distance learning course offerings and partnerships with international schools to include students from around the globe.
- Multiple math tracks facilitate differentiated instruction and developmentally appropriate math for each student.
- M Term: While seniors are on their Spring Mission Trip to Dominican Republic and the juniors are on their week-long College Tour, our 6th through 10th grade students enjoy an enriching week of electives. Past electives included a baseball clinic, sports marketing, defensive driving, culinary class, micro-circuits, cartooning, and more.