Being part of the ministry at Plumstead Christian School means joining a dedicated team of professionals committed to establishing and maintaining a caring environment where students are taught to think biblically, serve effectively, and lead Christ-centered lives. It is important to us that these missional objectives are met through not only classroom teaching moments, but through each staff member, faculty, and coach modeling exemplary Christian lives.
Plumstead Christian School is accepting applications for the following positions for the upcoming school year:
|School Counselor/College Placement Counselor – Full Time Position
We are seeking a licensed school counselor to serve as our School and College Placement Counselor and Registrar. Our preferred candidate will have a masters in school counseling and at last one year of experience serving as a school counselor and/or college placement counselor. The position starts August 21, 2017.
The primary function of the school counselor is to adhere to and support board policy, school guidelines, administrative rules and directives while providing a comprehensive competency-based counseling program focused on the learning, personal/social and career/vocational needs of all students.
To be considered a candidate, please submit a completed Plumstead Christian School employment application to the Middle and Upper School Principal, Mrs. Shannon Nusser, at email@example.com.
A more detailed list of responsibilities is found below.
General Counseling Responsibilities
1. Make him/herself available to all students seeking guidance and counseling services.
2. Advocate on behalf of the student and/or his/her family. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students.
5. Monitor weekly academic performance for students in grades 9-12 and meet with all students on academic restriction.
6. Implement individual and group counseling methods that are appropriate.
7. Conduct career and educational planning activities.
9. Consult with students, parents and staff to assist students with academic/career planning.
11. Schedule and coordinate annual Assessment Tests (e.g. PSAT, PSSA, AP) as well as communicate to students the availability of other assessment tests (e.g. ACT, SAT, etc.)
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Middle and Upper School Principal.
13. Manage the Counseling/College Placement budget.
College Placement Responsibilities
The College Placement Counselor reports to the Middle and Upper School Principal and is responsible for administering all aspects of the college search and admissions process, including the following:
Necessary skills include excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational ability and the ability to meet deadlines. Experience in college admissions or high school college counseling, teaching experience, and computer skills are plusses.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; familiarity with the goals, objectives, and mission of an independent college preparatory school; the ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse and demanding student and parent population; knowledge of colleges, their academic programs, admission policies, and financial policies and procedures.
There are no staff positions available at this time.
Middle School and Upper School substitute teachers are needed. Specialists in math, science, music, and Spanish are highly desired.
Please submit resume and completed school application to Mrs. Shannon Nusser, Upper/Middle School Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Varsity Girls Tennis (Fall)
- Middle School Boys Soccer (Fall)
- Varsity Boys Tennis (Spring)
- Middle School Track and Field (Spring)
Prior coaching experience is preferred. Clearances required.
Interested candidates contact Jim Zeldenrust, Athletic Director
215-766-8073 or email@example.com